Explore the Division
The Division of Environmental Health in USC’s Department of Preventive Medicine works to understand the associations, connections, and impacts of environmental exposures on human health. The division devotes resources to constituent characterization (measuring and monitoring what we may be exposed to) and translational research (how to effectively communicate and apply the scientific information gathered by us and others).
- NEW RESEARCH from our MADRES Center
- NEW RESEARCH: Improved air quality leads to fewer kids developing asthma in nation’s most-polluted region
- EDITORIAL: New research findings show that children are exposed to lead in the womb
- NEW RESEARCH: Lead contamination found in baby teeth of children living near battery smelter
- Dr. Rima Habre contributes to international panel on performance standards for low-cost air pollution sensors