Why choose USC for your MPH?
Top college in the western U.S.
in research funding from the U.S. National Institutes of Health
The USC Master of Public Health programs—on-campus and online—are at an exciting moment of growth, and we welcome your interest. Our programs are highly regarded throughout the nation for many reasons, and here are just a few:
- USC is one of the nation’s top ranked private research universities
- Distinguished faculty at USC produce groundbreaking research that addresses critical issues facing our global society
- The Keck School of Medicine’s unique location, resources and opportunities help create a rich educational environment for graduate students
- A vast network of individuals throughout the community provide students with lifelong opportunities to gain real-world experience while making a lasting impact on public health
- The program’s diverse curriculum combined with customized practicum opportunities make the MPH program at USC outstanding
The MPH program is located in the heart of Los Angeles on the Health Science Campus at the University of Southern California, home to the Keck School of Medicine of USC and just a few miles northeast of the University Park Campus. Los Angeles is home to diverse cultures and opportunities, including theater, music, restaurants, and sporting events.
The Keck School of Medicine of USC also offers the MPH program in a convenient online format, allowing students to balance their studies with work and other commitments. For more information about the online MPH, click here.
Los Angeles: The world in a city
The cultural hub of the Pacific Rim and a global center for technology, LA is among the world's most dynamic, diverse and rapidly evolving cities. Here you can work with and study a microcosm of the world's varied populations. You'll also be tapped into a rich pool of local public health leaders in business, entertainment, government and nonprofits.
Flexibility across disciplines
Faculty, researchers and students share work and learn across multiple disciplines. We offer several dual degree programs so you can combine your public health skills with core skills in policy, medicine, psychology and others. And since not everyone's education and career journey is on the same schedule, you can start during spring, summer or fall
Global, diverse education
Diversity, equity, access and opportunity are woven into the fabric of the USC experience. Data website Priceonomics, ranks USC sixth nationally among colleges for student diversity. Approximately 21% of our students and faculty are international, providing exposure to varied perspectives and opportunities.
A Master of Public Health from USC connects you to: